Sunday 18 October 2009

A Softer World - Emily Horne and Joey Comeau

'A Softer World' is a series of comic strips designed by Emily Horne and Joey Comeau.
Horne takes the photographs and designs.
Comeau writes.

Together, they produce some of my favourite work.

They have produced over 500 comic strips, each made up of a sequence of 3 small, square photographs, accompanied by a crude strip of typography stuck over the top to tell a message.
The type almost looks as if it has been produced by a dymo machine...like a label, the type being simple... as if from a typewriter. No uppercase letters.

The first comic strip i saw is still my favourite. Someone sent it to me as it made them think of me immediately... what with me being in a world of my own most of the time.
It is one of the less sarcastic/harsh of the comic strips...In contrast, many of them, have darker messages... however each is depicted in a rather light-hearted way...

I am still to get through all 500... but I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment