Sunday 18 April 2010

What is Graphic Design... Image...'In love with Lament' by Glenn Arthur





Glenn Arthur's work is some of which I have been the most impressed with recently. Each image in this series portrays the same two women, one blonde, one dark... always nude, the blonde always crying. Two birds, one white, one black are also another constant. They have strong sense of 'right and wrong' portraying this as 'light and dark'. What I get from the images is sin, and the girl with the blonde hair as having a conscience... but each person I have asked has different views.
He prides himself on his art being created by his own hand, by paint and mixed media... never by computer. I love how enthusiastic he is about his work, describing it as a hobby which takes up his life.

"My work is a way for me to push the emotional boundaries and break the taboos and censorships of our so called modern society!!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment