Tuesday 8 February 2011

Sound

When it comes to the music/sound effects for my animation... I think I have left it a bit on the late side... 
I want to put a piece of music to it that will go with the tone of the video... maybe something with dogs in the lyrics... or even just in the title. 

This was an article I found about music based on dogs...

There have been so many songs inspired by, or written about dogs that it's impossible to list them all in a single playlist. After all, the dog is man's best friend. In addition to the many songs directly inspired by real life pets of musicians, different definitions of the word "dog" can be used by the songwriter in a wide variety of ways. A dog can describe promiscuous men -- "Who let the dogs out!" A failure -- "Their new album is a dog." It can mean to bother or belittle -- "Stop dogging me!" Or a dog can be someone to envy -- "What a lucky dog!"
You should always let sleeping dogs lie, lead a dog's life, but never throw yourself to the dogs.
For this playlist I've selected what I feel are the 15 best representative samples of "dog songs".
What's your favorite dog song?
Greatest Dog Songs
   1. I Wanna Be Your Dog - The Stooges 

   2. Black Dog - Led Zeppelin

   3. Dogs - Pink Floyd 

   4. Martha My Dear - The Beatles 

   5. Atomic Dog - George Clinton 

   6. Hound Dog - Elvis Presley 

   7. Rain Dogs - Tom Waits 

   8. Bird Dog - The Everly Brothers

   9. Old King - Neil Young 

   10. Walking The Dog - Rufus Thomas 

   11. Black Eyed Dog - Nick Drake 

   12. Shake Dog Shake - The Cure 

   13. Diamond Dogs - David Bowie 

   14. Dogs Are Everywhere - Pulp 

   15. I Love My Dog - Cat Stevens  

No comments:

Post a Comment